Here’s one thing for sure, you can never be “too” cyber safe online. No matter what device you use, what activities you use it for, or which country you’re in, cybersecurity measures are of dire importance.
The same is the case for Firestick. It’s one of the most popular streaming devices in the industry. You’ll find majority of the users utilizing this device. But, how many of them are really taking security precautionary measures when using the device?
Most users ask this question “Do I need a VPN for Firestick?”
The thing is, even if you’re streaming Netflix content on your Firestick, or using it for a gaming marathon, there are many threats can come with it. So, yes, you do need a VPN while using your Firestick, especially where online privacy is concerned.
However, besides these threats, lies another issue; the VPN itself. Not all VPN services are great or fit enough to use on your Firestick. This is why you need to be extra careful while choosing one for online privacy. Most VPN services boast the best security features but in turn, offer nothing in comparison.
So, how do you choose a Firestick VPN for online privacy? Take a look below:
What features to look for in a Firestick VPN
Online privacy from either your ISP or government bodies can only be attained if the Firestick VPN you choose is a top provider. However, be careful not to fall for any VPN misconceptions while picking one. Sometimes choosing a popular and known provider is the ultimate right path. However, you still need to see what they offer that can be relevant to you. So, here’s how to choose one:
- First things first, look for a free trial. The rest will fall under it. With a free trial you’ll be able to test whether the provider is worth your time or not. Additionally the provider should also offer a refund period. In this way, you can subscribe to a provider that’s offering the best VPN discounts and then ask for a refund if it’s not worth your time.
- Privacy and security features that are necessary include a Kill Switch, AES 256-bit encryption, Split-Tunneling, DNS/IP leak protection, and GPS Spoofing.
- Make sure that the provider has a strict no-logs policy. How else will you make sure your data and the activities you carry out remain hidden and anonymous? Sometimes dig deep and check whether the provider is audited. It really helps.
- A reliable support team is necessary. Many issues can arise where a Firestick VPN user uses a wrong set up procedure or may have forgotten to toggle with the settings correctly.
- Choose one that’s headquartered in a safe jurisdiction. Sometimes VPN providers are located within the 14-eyes regions; an alliance of countries that steal user data. This is why a VPN with a safe jurisdiction and polices are recommended.
All-in-all, this is the best way to choose a Firestick VPN, allowing you to make the best out of your streaming devices.